The City’s housing code requires that owners of rental property register
their property with the Housing Inspection section within 30 days of transfer of
title or possession of such property. Once the property has been determined to
be rental, housing inspectors will contact the owner to establish a date for a
complete inspection of the property. At that time, it will be necessary for the
inspector to have access to all housing units, the basement, common areas, etc.
- Cedar Rapids has elected to operate its program on a 5-year cycle
- Valid Complaint Inspections
- Initial Inspections - includes one reinspection
- Subsequent Reinspections
- Trip Charge (inability to inspect)
- Housing Appeals - Filing Fees
- Housing code enforcement displacement, moving, and housing fees per unit, when property is placarded due to owner code violation
Tommy Tucker Realty Co. began in 1958. In 1969, we acquired our property management division, Professional Management Associates Co. We have assisted clients and customers in single family and multi-family rental housing, since our company's beginning. If you have questions about our services, please feel free to contact Robin Tucker, Broker/Officer at (319) 365-6956 or by e-mail.