Rotary Club: a group of business people in a town organized as a service club and to promote world peace
The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- High ethical standards in business and professions, the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations, and the dignifying of each Rotarian's occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- The application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian's personal, business, and community life;
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four-Way Test of things we think, say or do:
1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerns?
The Rotary Club of Cedar Rapids normally meets at Noon on each Monday at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Downtown Cedar Rapids. The nickname of our club is Downtown Rotary. The Cedar Rapids area now has Rotary Clubs meeting each and every weekday in our community. Robin has had the pleasure of being in Rotary International the past twenty years. He is a third generation member of the Downtown club.
CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL
Today's Speaker and Program:
Gail Naughton, President, CEO of
National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library
The Rotary Club of Cedar Rapids is in District 5970 of Rotary International.