Republican 2Nd Congressional candidate Dr. Mariannette Miller-Meeks was our guest at our May Government Affairs meeting for the Cedar Rapids Area Association of Realtors®.
- She spoke on her background, along with Realtor issues, including the 2008 response by our current representative in Congress to the Flood of 2008 in our District. She primarily took questions and had a conversation with Realtors in attendance.
The primary in the State of Iowa for both Democrat and Republican candidates will be held on Tuesday, June 8Th. Auditors' offices in each county in Iowa will be open for absentee voting on the next two Saturday's ahead of the June 8Th primary.
After discussions with Dr. Miller-Meeks on various topics, our committee visited a little about some local issues coming up in our community...
- 13 year low in new mortgages locally
- Editorial on FHA and mortgages
- Small Business Recovery
- Flood Recovery in Housing - impacted Realtor® commented
- PCI project and impact to Downtown and community in closing 2Nd Avenue SE from 10Th to 12Th streets
- Proposed changes in Chapter 29