We welcome the month of September and my wife's birthday on September 1St. The College Football season is kicking off today in the college ranks and a week from today we will either tune into our President on the issue of Jobs or the kickoff of NFL Football with the Packers vs. the Saints.
How the first eight months of year have flown by this year. The Summer is winding down as we approach Labor Day weekend, with Autumn arriving soon. For the latest weather information in the Cedar Rapids area ... KCRG WxNow - which was just released!
We have some rental properties coming available at the end of September. Can we interest you in a new property? We have had several calls recently from property owners that may be looking to place their properties on the market for rent. You can find our application [PDF} on our web site.
Celebrations during the month of September (help from our local Civil Rights newsletter and other sources):
- Ganesh Chaturthi (Hinduism), Sept. 1
- World War II Began in 1938, Sept. 1
- V-J Day in 1945, Sept. 2
- Iowa vs. Tennessee State in College Football, Sept. 3
- Labor Day, Sept. 5
- Iowa at Iowa State in College Football, Sept. 10
- Patriot Day, Sept. 11
- 10 year anniversary of 9/11, Sept. 11
- Grandparents Day, Sept. 11
- National Pet Memorial Day, Sept. 11
- Mexican Independence Day, Sept. 16
- POW/MIA Recognition Day, Sept. 16
- Iowa vs. Pittsburgh in College Football, Sept. 17
- Oktoberfest Begins, Sept. 17
- National Women’s Friendship Day, Sept. 18
- International Day of Peace, Sept. 21
- World Gratitude Day, Sept. 21
- Native American Day, Sept. 23
- Autumnal Equinox, Sept. 23
- Iowa vs. Louisiana-Monroe in College Football, Sept. 24
- Rosh Hashanah (Judaism) Sept. 28 (sundown) - Sept. 30
- Durga Puja (Hinduism), Sept. 28 begins a ten-day festival honoring Goddess Durga
We want to wish everyone a safe and enjoyable September. Be careful out there, school is back on and children may be tough to see. Let us know, if we can be of service to you. Visit us by e-mail, telephone or by making an appointment and visiting with us face to face!