This morning, the radio was at 3Rd Street East and the underpass of I-380 for the beginning of demolition for the new Events Center in Cedar Rapids.
We attended our monthly local Realtor Government Affairs meeting this morning. Good lively conversation on a variety of issues.
- Congress and President's Obama repeal of the 1099 Landlord Reporting Law
- Update on various RPAC events and fundraising
- The Chair asked a short report on the Charter Review Commission, which I and 12 other citizens were appointed to. Work will be from May 5, 2011 to August 15, 2011
- We discussed the upcoming May 3Rd LOSST votes for Linn County, including the cities of Cedar Rapids, Marion, Hiawatha, Robins and Fairfax
- Chapter 29 lawsuit update that will be held April 22Nd at 11 a.m. in Linn County Court - local landlords are suing the City of Cedar Rapids over Chapter 29
- Discussed the Melrose Avenue matter in the City of Iowa City
- Discussed the Mortgage Interest Deduction and the proposed $40 dues increase from the National Association of Realtors for all members
- Discussed the local sign ordinances for Cedar Rapids and Marion
At Noon, attended the Rotary Club of Cedar Rapids program from Jim Schnoebelen and Dave Elgin on Transportation, with an update on the Highway 100 extension for the City of Cedar Rapids.
Other notes for the week of April 18, 2011
- 4/18, Passover
- 4/18, Revolutionary War began on this date in 1775
- 4/22, Good Friday, our offices will be formally closed for our work families to enjoy the Easter holiday with family and friends
- 4/24, Easter
Have a great week! If you are traveling, be careful, take it easy and play it safe!